Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Around New Eden - Day 4


After waking up again in S1DP-Y I headed back to M-N to continue on the journey. I made a bookmark at the outbound gate first, of course.

Y-DW5K
Jumping into an out of the way system and finding 30+ in local is enough to make things a little jumpy. What would be worse is if they're all sitting around the gate you've just jumped into. Luckily for me, they weren't!

After getting clear of the gate, I checked the info on their bio's and found most of them were from 'Death Or Glory' and 'Gypsy Band'. I waved in local, but none of them waved back. How rude....  I got a really interesting photo of a nearby ringed planet, almost like a huge black hole.

QFEW-K
There wasn't as many in here as in Y-D, so I just spent a bit of time making a bookmark.

I also took the opportunity to check out a list of known attractions and landmarks around the galaxy, so that I can see if there's any I need to watch out for.

In the process, I found a blog another travel blog: Eve Travel

Mark726 has been documenting quite a few of the landmarks, so I'm going to do a bit of 'exploring' of his blog and see what information I can gather for myself.

CVY-UC
It was almost downtime as I entered this system, so I made a bookmark, took a photo, and then settled in for another nice sleep in an out-of-the-way system.  Surprisingly, there were a few people in here, and someone even responded to my wave. I was able to engage them ('medvedstvo' of the Wreck Alliance) in a conversation over the open comms and they gave me some good feedback about the documenting of my adventures.

In fact, I had a really good conversation with him, and I thank him for taking the time to talk to me about these adventures I'm writing. He even gave me some interesting information told me that CVY is only 1 carrier jump from lowsec (Podion), and has 2 level 4 agents. No wonder it has a few pilots in it at this time of the day!

An interesting bit of history is that during the BOB days, it used to have a capital fleet base.  Apparently they used to bubble every gate for 5-6 jumps around.

During the conversation I also found that the evemaps.dotlan.net website provides landmark information in the form of how many landmarks are in relevant systems, in each region. I think that's going to be invaluable for me.

Based on what I learned, I can see that the following landmarks have already been explored by me:

  • J7A-UR: Derelict Ruins
  • CL-85V: Unidentified Cartel Hideout

Apparently there was an Abandoned Mining Colony in Doril, but I didn't see it. Damn...  How did that happen?  Well, now that I have this resource available to me I won't be missing any more!

By the way, if anyone wants to send me a photo of Doril's 'Abandoned Mining Colony', please do. I'll update the Doril entry with the new photo.






Please DONATE to help me travel around New Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment