Friday, October 28, 2011

Around New Eden - Day 13

REGION: GREAT WILDLANDS

PUC-JZ

After entering this system I made a bookmark, and while I was doing that I did a system scan. Oh, look at that, a new anomaly!

Angel Sanctum

This one seemed to have a huge pirate complex, with 8 battleships and 3 battlecruisers flying around it, obviously protecting it.




There was also a factory complex situated in a broken blue crystal asteroid... Fascinating!



5FCV-A

No anomalies in here, so have a planet instead....


O-OVOQ

No NEW anomalies in here, so have a rat Dramiel instead...


SB-23C

As you marvel at this view, do you wonder if there's anyone on that planet, in this very moment, that's marveling at their sun rising on a new day?  I do.


And then I fly on to the next system...

92-BOX

Ooh, nice... an Abandoned Ship Wreck in this system!

"After thousands of years among the stars, the space lanes of New Eden have become littered with countless abandoned ships. The twisted and gnarled hulls of these empty vessels float silently, offering up no explanation as to their lonely fate."

Here was a sad monument to the hazards of space travel. Some ancient space shuttle smashed up against an asteroid, with debris slowly floating around, surrounded by cloud of gas that had long ago stopped expanding...




Y4-GQV

I was making bookmarks in this system while talking to someone in my chat channel (BLACK'S TRAVELS channel), and they were recommending I use a T3 ship to travel around nullsec. I scoffed at the idea, pointing out that I intend travelling into highsec and a T3 ship is likely to get attacked by CONCORD because I'm still -9.3 and flashy red.

They pointed out to me that a T3 ship will allow me to battleship rat, use covert ops cloaks, and go to warp while in warp bubbles. And with the ratting I can do along the way, I can get my sec status back up faster than I can say... well, faster than I can say some really long words for a period of time...

They even gave me a donation to help me towards getting a T3 ship, and after thanking them for their act of generosity, I got an idea.... but I'll discuss that in a separate post.

I went to the next system and then realised I'd forgotten to take photos of this system, so I came back....


WTIE-6

This was very pretty.... a system just FULL of gas clouds stretching dozens of light years across, filling space as far as you can see....


1L-AED

I found another planet in here that was on fire, and decided to take a photo of the surface of the planet. I love these planets...


1C-953

After taking a photo of a planet here, I again moved on to the next system...


1X8-JB

I found a nice water world here with a few storms active. That was pretty cool.


Y-DSSK

I decided to get a photo of a Customs Office receiving some goods from the planet it was above. I don't think I've been that close to those offices before.  Interesting... for a few minutes.


Next...

B-ROFP

I was able to take a couple of nice shots in this system.



There was also the first lone soul out here that I'd seen for some time. I waved, but he ignored me.  I felt sad.

But I also decided to call it a night. After doing 12 systems, I was exhausted!

See you next time!


Please DONATE to help me travel around New Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment