Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blogger profiles #1 - Eve Chick

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm doing profiles of all the OTHER bloggers that aren't in CK's Blog Pack, so that we can get to know just about EVERYONE who blogs! Well, everyone that honours us with their profile, of course.

If you're a blogger, please contact me so that we can organise your profile too!

The very first to honour us is the Eve Chick! What a great person she is for starting the ball rolling, and she seems like a great person just in general! Here's her profile...
What is your character's name or handle?

Anyka Celeste is my play-nice alt and Gankis Khan is my yarring main!

What is your blog's URL?

www.evechick.com

How long have you been blogging?

I've had several false starts (unrelated to EVE), and I don't think they count, so about *gasp* three weeks.

What region of EVE do you mostly operate in?

We (Ken, my husband, and our RL cronies) hang out in the Citadel Strip. There are lots of pirates there who squish us and so show us how to better fit our ships.

When did you start playing EVE?

We started about a year ago.

What do you enjoy about EVE?

I love how everything is player-driven: the market, the politics, the whole shebang!

What is your playstyle?

Well, according to the EVE Personality Test, I am an "industrialist with teeth." However, I am currently trying on the pirate shoes to see how they fit.

Do you play any other games?

I play Warhammer Online (come to Wolfenburg and be Order with me!) and console games with my kids. They love the PS2, GameCube, etc. but aren't allowed to play the new stuff unless a grown up is around, so I've been getting a lot of Rock Band and Fable 2 in. :)

What do you blog about, and why?

I blog about whatever comes to mind, though it's mostly been EVE. My husband ran into Mynxee one fateful EVE night and through her I found out about the world of EVEblogs. I wasn't sure anyone I didn't know would read it but I thought it would be fun for our friends.

What are your other interests?

I love to read. Lots of people say they love to read but I read all the time. I read the backs of cereal boxes and milk cartons at breakfast and I take books in the bathtub and read for hours. Reading's such a habit that I read things even before I mean to, and end up spoiling a movie or something for myself. :P I also hang out with my kids a bunch (Kenny, 7 and Robert, 11). They're totally fun and we have a blast! I also am hooked on lots of the realityish shows. Not really the Survivor kinds but totally the highbrow ones like "A Baby Story," "What Not To Wear," and "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant."

What advice do you have for EVE players who are struggling to stay motivated?

It DOES get better. At first, the learning curve is pretty steep and it seems like you'll never be able to beat those missions or fit your ship right or catch up to those people who've been training for years before you. But if you can hold out, you'll find your place and EVE will make your heart race and your palms sweat and you'll forget about any other games while you're playing it. Unless you're all about the PvE... I don't know how that turns out. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Ain't she the greatest? I love her--and her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great read! I know I'm gonna love reading more of these in the future. Again, brilliant of you to do this mate! Brilliant!

    CrazyKinux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks CK, but you started the brilliance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed BC, we all bask in the glow of greatness that eminates from CK.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that basking keeps us warm at night... :)

    ReplyDelete