* Are you knowledgeable about how to fit ships for PVP?
* Have you spent a lot of time in nullsec?
* Have you had experience as a Fleet Commander (FC)?
* Do you have an interest in helping people learn how to PVP in nullsec?
* Are you looking for a new challenge with your Eve 'career'?
If you answered YES to all the above questions, then I'm looking for you. Yes, that's right - you personally!
OUCH is the Open University of Celestial Hardship. We're sort of like Eve Uni, but we teach people how to survive and succeed in nullsec PVP. We use SISI and real-life nullsec PVP for the training, and we have a policy for our students to only use T1 frigates until they graduate. This helps reduce the financial and emotional impact of their losses, and teaches them how to work together to overcome bigger ships or bigger fleets.
We have a Training Department that you, as a trainer, would be a member of. You would answer to our Training Director who oversees all our trainers and is ultimately responsible for the quality of training being given to our students.
We already have a documented series of lesson plans that are used by our Trainers when they run their training classes. These lesson plans form the outline of how a class is to be taught, and what they're to be taught about.
You would be welcome to provide your own input into modifying the lesson plans into something better than what they are, but you would need to follow the plans that have been outlined.
Why? Because we're ensuring consistency in our training. All students get the same training, the same way, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to knowing what to do in nullsec, and how to operate, and what is expected of them.
What are the Lesson Plans?
The lesson plans are split up into modules, and they consist of:
Module 1 - Overview Settings
Module 2 - Client ESC Settings
Module 3 - Client Interface
Module 4 - Bookmarking
Module 5 - D-Scan
Module 6 - Tackling
Module 7 - Weaponry
Module 8 - Fleet Ops
Module 9 - Hunter / Prey
Yet to be documented:
Nullsec Survival - Travelling through nullsec, and Warp Bubbles
Each of the lesson plans includes step-by-step instructions on how to teach students the module, and what to teach them.
Why have you made it so easy?
- We want to encourage more trainers to come onboard. The easier we make it for people to take on training roles, the more likely we'll have people willing to take on those roles
- We want to automate the process as much as possible. The current Training Director and current trainers aren't going to be around forever. We have a system that allows new trainers to come in and continue the cycle. There's always going to be students - we need to make sure we always have trainers too.
As I said, you'll have an input into making it better, because we're always on a path of improving how we do things.
If you're interested in finding out more about how you can be involved as a trainer and helping people grow in this game, and helping them learn how to survive and fight in nullsec, then send an in-game evemail to Black Claw and we'll go from there.
Thank you for your interest.