Monday, February 14, 2011

Cleaning out old Eve Online blogs

For those that don't know, I'm the owner and admin of The Eve Online Bloggers Portal. When I'm not running OUCH or the Art of War Alliance, I'm admin for evebloggers.com.

What this means is that every now and again I add new blogs to the site, so that everyone who either subscribes to evebloggers.com or visits the site will see the most recent updates on the front page from the Eve Online blogs out there.

I just had a look at the number of blogs that I have listed at evebloggers.com - there's 750 blogs about Eve Online that are listed. But I know that not all of those 750 blogs are currently active, or currently about Eve Online. People come, and people go, and blogs get lost by the wayside or changed as the interests of the author change.

So I'm going to start a new project. I'm going to go through every single one of those 750 blogs and I will remove:
  • every blog that hasn't published a new post in 6 months or more
  • every blog that doesn't have anything related to Eve Online on their front page
I'm wondering how many blogs this will remove, but the end result is going to be a more accurate number of 'currently active Eve Online blogs'.

I imagine this will take me a few weeks, but I think it will be worth it. Once I'm finished, this page will be a lot more accurate: Eve Online Player Blogs

If your blog is going to be one of those that get removed but you'd rather not - then get your act together and start posting about Eve before I come to yours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment