I just realised something... Those people out there in 0.0 space really do have it easy!
Let's look at life in 0.0 space for pilots - they're not pirates, 'cause they can't break the law if there's no laws...
- They don't have to worry about sentry guns, and can go anywhere, and engage anywhere
- Everyone not blue is an enemy, so they know who to avoid. See #3
- They fly around in fleets, so they've always got the protection of their friends
- The most dangerous spots are the main entry points into 0.0 space, which are often protected by alliances. Everywhere else is safer than highsec. See #2 and #3
That's about it, really. Life is pretty easy for 0.0 pilots...
Let's look at life in lowsec for pirates:
- They have to worry about sentry guns, limiting options for engagement
- Low security status prevents them from going everywhere
- Everyone not blue is not an enemy, but they're all targets. See #1
- They fly around solo, so they have to rely on their skills and their wits. See #1
- Every lowsec system is dangerous. See #1
- After attacking someone, they have to wait out a 'criminal timer' which forces them to sit in a safe spot. See #1
- Fleets of pilots from 0.0 space roam around lowsec looking for excitement, since 0.0 is so boring. This only makes the pirates bored, as they wait for these fleets to move on before getting back to their piracy
- Accidentally jumping into highsec when chasing someone not only gets grief from #1, but from CONCORD too
- There are soft targets and hard targets. Making a decision about who to engage can be a real nightmare!
- Lowsec pilots are hated and feared... No one cares about 0.0 pilots
So now you can see that they really have it easy in 0.0. The real men? The real warriors? They're in lowsec.
So next time you see a flashy red pirate, give them a salute before they attack you. Give them the ransoms they ask for.
You can't imagine the stress they're going through, and they need your support. Help a pirate today.