1) The FAQ applies to students within OUCH, and is from the perspective of "Now that I'm in OUCH I have some questions..." From reading this, you'll understand a lot about what is expected of our students.
2) The Student Folders mentioned in the FAQ are a requirement for all students to create on our forum. This is where a record is kept of their training, achievements, and any relevant discussions they might want to engage in with trainers or mentors.
3) If you're intrigued by the training concepts described in the FAQ and feel like you'd like to be a part of it, then join us so you can be. :)
4) If you're reading this and you've been playing for a few years and now you're looking for a challenge in your Eve career and you think that helping OUCH with our student training, PVE or PVP in some way just might be it, then contact me to discuss this.
And now, on to the Frequently Asked Questions!
The graduation requirements say I have to graduate within 90 days of joining OUCH. Real life might make this impossible. Can I get an extension?
Yes. We strictly adhere to a real-life-comes-first policy. If more time is needed, post a reply to your student folder letting us know. At some point, however, your ingame title will be changed to Trial and if your absence is prolonged, you might be removed from the corp. If this happens, when you become active again simply re-apply to OUCH and we'll re-activate your student folder.
I'm a six-year-old character and can fly every ship in the game. Do I have to fly the student-fit frigate?
Yes. We will train you to competently pilot a no-frills frigate. The skills you learn while a student can be applied after you graduate to other ships and fittings, but will serve as a solid foundation. Your student time in OUCH will focus on a very particular small-gang role, that of secondary tackler.
Are there any exceptions to the student-fit frigate requirement?
1) You may travel-fit a frigate for navigating through null. Typical travel fits include a cloaking device, microwarpdrive and warp core stabilizers. You may put your combat modules in the cargo hold and re-fit when desired in nullsec. You may also use the travel-fit frigate for the nullsec run graduation requirement, though an empty cargo hold is advised.
2) If you wish to participate in PVE activities, consult the folks in Logistics about what ship and fitting you should bring.
Do I have to set up on the Singularity server?
No, you don't have to, but it is highly recommended. Some things will be taught and practiced on SISI that won't be available to you on Tranquility, such as how to place the mobile small warp disruption bubble.
The training module sessions conflict with my real life schedule. Is there a workaround?
Depends. Our trainers have real lives too. We do sometimes hold module sessions outside of the times scheduled to accomodate groups of students who have similar time constraints, and in some cases will hold one-on-one sessions depending on a trainer's availability. However, please do your best to make the scheduled sessions.
Will OUCH help me make ISK to support my PvP habit?
No. However, we do have a Logistics Department that is involved in ISK-making activities and you are welcome to participate.
How then do PvPers support their habit?
Varies by pilot. Some buy PLEX, some engage in PVE, some in industry or trading, some have other accounts they use for making ISK. You'll need to figure out what works for you.
How do I become a permanent member of OUCH?
Within 30 days of graduation, apply to one of our Departments: Operations (PvP), Training, or Logistics (essentially PVE). If accepted, you then become a permanent OUCH member, though pilots in the Operations Department must maintain a monthly combat record of at least four fights to remain permanent members. Failure of an Operations Department member to meet this requirement will result in that member being removed from Operations and placed in 30-day post-graduation status
What if I graduate and don't apply to one of the Departments?
If you haven't applied to a department within 30 days of graduating, you will be removed from OUCH. You're either a student or a permanent member - there's no inbetween.
Do you have a ship replacement program?
No. However, some modules can be made available to you in our nullsec HQ and we do offer a number of ships at a discount to the market via corporate contracts.
Does OUCH have a POS or sovereignty?
No and no.
Does OUCH have corporate hangars?
Yes. However, as a student you will have read-only access to a couple of the hangar divisions.
Does OUCH have a loot policy?
Yes. What that policy is differs between Operations and Logistics. Ask your op leader.