Saturday, October 07, 2006

The life of an adventurer

Anyone who said travelling the galaxy and seeking out adventure was easy obviously haven't done it. It's not. In fact, it's downright dangerous, dark and cold. Very cold. And quiet too. So quiet, no one can hear you scream.

Especially when your cruiser gets destroyed by battleships and battlecruisers, all working together to ensure you can't go anywhere.

My Vexor is no more. And neither is the Celestis that I thought I'd try out. It lasted about as long as the Vexor, which was only as long as I didn't use it to fight.

So now I'm in a Thorax, which I'd already bought and equipped before I thought I'd try the Celestis. So far the Thorax has been more useful than the others, although the pirate I fought was yet another of these honourable ones who, in a 1 on 1 Thorax vs Thorax duel, is happy to stop at 25% armour. Lucky me, as I wasn't able to do much against his own armour. Unlucky me, he was T2 equipped.

One day when I grow up I want T2 items too.

But I digress. I was talking about the life of an adventurer...

I was invited to join CCCP, an anti-pirate corp, and ride with them for a while. I went to their area of space and talked with their CEO. I'm very impressed with how they do things, and I think I can learn a lot from them. Unfortunately, the timing of my being there wasn't conducive to me being with them on an operation, so I waited around for a little but nothing happened.

Then I was invited to ride with one of my corp's allies, the Knights Justicar, led by Praetor Sarum. I travelled 18 jumps to join his operation, and just as we started, my system died on me again.

I'm getting tired of this old pod and how it's so temperamental. It seems to be getting worse lately. This time the outage was for a couple of hours, which just happened to be the length of the Knights' operation. By the time I restored power, it was all over.

It's so cold in space when you're sitting there all alone, with no power...

The life of an adventurer is getting to be a little frustrating. Ships getting destroyed, and so far nothing to show for it. I'm trying to work out my options, as I need to raise some money soon. I need to start getting some successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment